Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Jay Elly- Nothing but God album review





Kentucky artist, Jay Elly, had caught our attention with his video submission for "Black & White". We knew after posting video that we would be reviewing his "Nobody but God" album. Jay Elly's flow is flawless. His voice puts in the mindset of Los. He did a great job with his beat selection. Ballonz and Jay Elly have great chemistry and I'll be looking out for more from Ballonz production in the future. One of the only things that disappoints about this project is the subject matter. After hearing "Black & White", I thought I was going to hear some more deeper or socially conscience tracks. I'm only saying this, because I know and can hear that Jay Elly is capable of doing more. Jay Elly is a dope artist and I don't want him to get lost in the weeds (pun intended) as just "another rapper". I truly believe that he can put Kentucky on the map and is now my favorite artist from Kentucky as he "pulls up like Martin luther king with a dream on him  I will be checking out more of him in the future. Jay Elly is completely right about one thing, "nobody but God" can tell him when he will decease...and as far as career is concerned... it hasn't been called home yet.

Rating: 4/5 Spins
Replays: Intro (NBG), Black & White, First time
Best Feature: Nemo Achida
Twitter: @jayellehte www.jayelly.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spincity Radio