Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Spin Doctors Sessions- DJ Cadillac @DJCADILLAC





SC: Where you repping?
DC: I rep Alabama but I don't let people forget that I'm originally from Fayetteville, North Carolina.

SC: How did you get your DJ name?
DC: The nickname Cadillac was given by a friend's mother due to the fact that all of his government names begin with a "C". After several attempts the name "Cadillac" came about and to him, nothing was a better fit. By him loving music so much, "DJ" was added onto the name and that's how the name "DJ Cadillac" was created.

SC: How was it DJing for Slim Dunkin?
DC: I only knew SLIM DUNKIN for a short period of time. Not even for a full year.  But by him giving me my first opportunity at success and  fame,  I will always thank him for that. Before I could actually do shows with him, we were set to take off January 2012. Sadly, tragedy struck December 16th 2011 rapidly and sadly ending our success together.

SC: With the death of Slim Dunkin and several other incidents amongst several artists, what are your thoughts about artists beefing?
DC: To me, artist beefing is a waste of time. I'm sure most artist beefing are already famous and getting money, so your actually taking the time to stoop down and diss another person.To me, that's showing your fans you're weak and you pay attention to pettiness. They should be taking the time showing another upcoming artist how to make it like they did (meaning support one another). If you have 2 artist that are known and liked by everyone why not team up and be a double threat such as Young jeezy and gucci mane.

SC: Switching gears, I know you have named yourself "your girl's favorite DJ" and have a huge following with your "Headboard Bangerz" series. How important is it for you, or DJs in general, to do more than just host hip hop/rap mixtapes?
DC: Speaking from my view... doing other series of music is important because majority of mixtapes that are out are 90% rap. No one takes the time to take you back to the music that made you feel good and remember the times.

SC: What are some problems that you see within the hip hop game?
DC:  Some of the problems I see in the rap game is not enough creativity.  People are sounding the same. I think most people should study the old days and what made them so successful. Whether its R&B or Hip-Hop. I myself love to hear a sampled song, so if most artist focused on that maybe there could be a little more originality. This may sound contradicting but will also set you apart from others since everyone sounds the same.

SC: What are some of your pet peeves that artists do to you?
DC: Some of my pet peeves artist do is ... always try to get the DJ to play there music when no one has heard it or want you to break a club set to play it. They never tip the DJ and they always got something going, but never follow through. No one does ground work no more (meaning street promotions interacting with your town/community) its only Internet promo.

SC: What are three tips that you could give artists?
DC:  Stay focused and consistent, get a strong loyal campaign, invest in yourself, and believe in yourself and brand and others will too

SC: Any shout outs or last words?
DC: I would like to give a shout out to God for allowing to continue to do what i love to do best and shout to everyone who believes in me, my movement and what i have going on. Also, last but not least, CapOstatus/Hoodrich ent. and DayBreak Promotions/Revive Saturdays/Smoking Moose Kevin Bryan and Clint Mcjenkin for the new opportunity with a new atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spincity Radio